Monday, February 25, 2013

Noise Killer

 

So I got a full Defender 90 Sound Proof Kit from Noisekiller.
It really has improved the road noise and engine noise in the cab, although I am going to get more, Egg box proffing for under the headlining, heavy duty proofing for between engine and cab, and also on the back panels under the rear windows, and possibly even an engine blanket.  
The kit is a great starter, it comes pre cut and delivery times are more than acceptable.



Here is the heavy duty proofing for under the bonnet.



 The lining by the pedals was sagging anyways before I took it out.


 

Here I cut pieces as I had an idead to fix it.

  

Here I have the Driver;s footwell fitted out. I did rip the carpet the covered the sides where the seat rests - but the rubber sound proofing looks good.  I'll replace with hard wearing carpet at some point. 

 

 Macgyver style - fitting the lining back to the footwell

  

Passenger side footwell

  

Passenger side footwell with sagging lining



The boot/tub.  I know the potos ain't the best, first time doing this step by step, and I used my phone - in future I'll take too many photos and use a camera with a proper flash.






No comments:

Post a Comment