Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fixed my Wiper Park Switch

The wipers on my windsreen stopped working.  Well they worked but woudn't go back to the park position. So to the forums I went!!

According to the forums it was a handy job, I just needed to buy a wiper park motor switch.  Good old ebay sorted me out and got one delivered and all for about €15.

According to the forums, I needed to take out the passenger side speaker.  Did that but didn't understand why, never needed to go through it.

Took off the dash and unscrewed the bottom part of the dash - this I found to be really useful.


Here we have the Wiper Park Switch, first things first, unplug it

Unplugged, fairly easy pinch and squeeze!

The old park switch came out easy, lift up and out.  A bit of force needed but nothing major!

The new one in.  This was the hardest part and probably took me the longest to do.  I ended up using a scredriver to open up (slightly) the clip on the park switch as it was too tight.  I finally got it on after several attempts.

Now wipers are fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment